This unpronounceable series of symbols stands for an exhibition and series of events incorporating the artistic mediums of Comics, Illustration and Zine making, held at Catalyst Arts Gallery, 5 College Court, from 15 April to 7 May, with a preview on 14 April. Exhibiting artists include:
As well as the work of the exhibiting artists, Catalyst is also playing host to a library of zines and comics from all over, and there'll also be a series of events held over the course of the exhibition, including:
- The launch party for Absence, a comic about epilepsy written by Andy Luke and drawn by Stephen Downey, on Thursday 21 April from 7.30 to 9pm. There's a Facebook page - invite your friends.
- Secret Cinema, unknown date, unknown location. Follow Sweet or Salted on Facebook to find out more...
- a Comic/Zine Fair, Saturday 23 April from 12 to 5pm, when the Gallery space will be handed over to creators of comics, zines and all things illustrative. Stalls will be set up pedlling wares ranging from cakes to comics, posters to bags, zines to doodles on pieces of paper. Stalls are FREE but spaces are limited, so if you are interested in reserving one then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Music & Live Drawing, presented by the collective Pretty Circus on Sunday 1 May from 7pm to 1am. A night of live performance with music and illustration combining for a unique take on the collaboration of the two art-forms.
- The Simpsons, a live comic performance by Malcy Duff, Thursday 5 May, 8pm
- The Dog Walking Technique, a FREE workshop by Malcy Duff, exploring non-traditional approaches to drawing and comic storytelling. Malcy shows us how he uses sensory drawing to create ideas and characters, and the techniques he has developed to turn these into comics. Held Saturday 7 May from 11am to 3pm. Lunch is provided, but spaces are limited, so email email@example.com to book your place.